A long time ago, we wrote a similar article, but in 2012 today, we have newly added some content, and hope you will like
People stand in front of the laptops battery problem . It is also expensive to get new battery time to time. So it's better if you help these tips to use your laptop battery longer.
1. Disconnect external devices such as USB mouse or an external hard drive. Take control external devices such as USB flash drive, DVD, hard drive, etc., when not in use.
2. Turn the volume down or mute it if you do not plan to use it.
3.Reduce The LCD brightness. If you use your laptop in a well lit room or outdoors on a sunny day, try two or three bars.
4. Disable Bluetooth. If you disagree with this device, you can safely turn off to avoid draining your laptop battery.
5. Learn to single-task. PC memory, which is in use, needs more force to hold data. Also could mean more memory, more swap or virtual memory on your laptop's hard disk. All this represents an additional burden on your laptop battery. Rather than leave open multiple applications and windows, use only what you need at any given time. If your laptop has a lot of memory, then keep several applications open to prevent charging and over again from the hard disk. Close all applications in the background on your computer, run like your PDA sync software or USB hard drive backup software.
6. Run simple applications that do not have much RAM, hard disk or processing power. Need to write a letter? Use a simple text editor rather than the processor and RAM heavy Microsoft Word. Graphics heavy applications such as gaming or movie watching are especially hard on the battery.
7. Avoid extreme temperatures. Batteries based on fundamental chemical and die quickly in extreme temperatures. Try to calculate and use the battery at room temperature.
8. Use the power management settings on your computer that it comes in. In Windows XP built, click on "Power Options" in your Control Panel. On a Mac for the "Energy Saver" look in System Preferences.
9. Switch access of the wireless card if you do not plan your network or internet connection. For Mac laptop, there is a button to turn off the radio is found in the toolbar at the top.
10. Shut down or hibernate the laptop, rather than in standby mode when not to use it to plan for a while. Standby energy drain continues to keep your laptop ready to go when you open the cover.
11. Clean your battery terminals. Clean the metal battery contacts with alcohol on a damp cloth. Clean the contacts to increase energy efficiency.
12. Keep the battery fresh. Batteries run out of power, if it does not use quite soon after loading. If your "full" battery use 2 weeks after the last charged it, you may discover it is empty.
13. Defrag your hard disk. The more your drive becomes fragmented, the needs of your hard drive to work.
14. Avoid with a CD or DVD. If you save a copy of the data you need on an optical disk, copy it to your laptop's hard disk or a USB flash drive before you travel. Optical drives consume large amounts of energy to spin CDs and DVDs. Try to avoid applications that your hard disk or optical drive spins forever. Need to play music? Try to use your handheld MP3 players instead of playing songs on your computer. Playing songs on your computer keeps working hard, the energy consumed. Turn off the auto-save feature to MS Word or Excel. Constant savings keeps your hard turning and use of energy.
15. Turn off ports. Disable unused ports and components, such as VGA, Ethernet, PCMCIA, USB, and yes, even your wireless. You can do this through the Device Manager or by configuring a separate hardware profile (see next step) to do.
16. Create power saving hardware profiles. Configure your laptop for the various scenarios in which it (the plane, in the cafe, office, and so on). You can do so through the hardware profiles menu to do with right-click My Computer and select Preferences or by using a freeware tool like SparkleXP.
17. Use a cooling pad if you have a notebook on her lap. But if it's a USB pad is then do not use it because it consumes more battery very likely, rather than save it.
18. Avoid You base your laptop on a pillow, blanket or other soft surface that can heat up.
19. If your laptop has a OLED-based display then Avoid displaying white images. OLED screens consume much less power display is black.
20. Avoid many games and other applications. Games that use lots of graphics and applications through the contact with the web server to send information and to keep her
21. If you do not have an Internet browser, close it! Even if your not using it on the internet is still running in the background always the amount of information.
22. Mac offers Exposé to switch off the display temporarily. Use that whenever you play MP3 songs and not on the screen, or going out for a short duration.
23. Take a break when the battery is running low.
24. Use the battery until it is low, before being charged and when his un-plug your battery charged and keep it longer and give better performance.
25. Be careful with charging batteries. Never connect it to load it when you are away. With the plethora of battery recalls due to explosion and flammable lithium-ion cells, the process of charging your laptop battery to be taken lightly.
Clean your desk. It sounds strange, but if you have a dusty, dirty desk, that dust get into the vents and clog up the fan. Once the dust is in your laptop, it is much more difficult to remove. You can try it out with compressed air blasting out of the can, but you run the risk of damaging internal components. You can also clean the vent and the grit, but remember that taking your laptop, in addition to void the warranty. To clean your desk at least once a week if not daily.
If you use your computer for too long, it can (shorten their life span) can overheat and damage slow components.
Be careful when cleaning the contacts. Clean them if the battery is completely drained, and use a very slightly damp cloth to prevent electric shocks and short circuits.
the article source: http://www.acerapple.info/laptop-battery-life-increase-25-tips/